Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: algebra Makefiles with explicitdependen cies,

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: algebra Makefiles with explicitdependen cies, bootstrap, fixed-points etc.
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:22:00 -0500

Bill,

I think you hit upon a problem with SINT.
The way it propagates is that in order to compile a domain
you need to load the domains it uses. You can see this when
you watch the loading messages during a compile.

In order to test one? from SINT the compiler will look at the
infovec for SINT and find the operation index. This will get
coded into the domain being compiled. The compiler will also
look on the property list for the operation to see if there
are any replacement items.

So SINT used to call ONEP from lisp in the bootstrap code which
is coded into the infovec as:
        (CONS IDENTITY (FUNCALL (|dispatchFunction| |SINT;One;$;11|) $))

I'll have to look deeper into this issue. Methinks you are
on to something.