Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: algebra Makefiles with explicit dependencies,

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: algebra Makefiles with explicit dependencies, bootstrap, fixed-points etc.
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:15:33 -0500

Hi Bill,

> Do you mean because the magnitude could exceed fixnum?

Yes. However I could understand that, for purposes of efficiency, the
compiler treats all integer valued sequences implicitly as fixnums
(and let the programmer use explicit type decoration if something else
were needed). But I have never read such a rule, and so when I write
the statement `for j in 10..' I would not expect there to be an upper
bound (or that j would eventually become negative, for that matter).

Sincerely,
Steve