Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Mathaction edit/preview/save problem

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Mathaction edit/preview/save problem
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:01:01 -0500

"Page, Bill" wrote:

> On Monday, January 17, 2005 1:22 PM Eugene Surowitz wrote:
>
> > FYI: I just tried  http://page.axiom-developer.org and clicked
> > on MathAction Wiki; response: after a couple of minutes:
> >
> > Bad Gateway!
>
> Thank you for letting me know. It should be working again now.
> For some reason the Zope server program was hung up. I have
> re-started it and will investigate to see if I can find the
> cause.
>
> Please let me know whenever you have a problem. Thanks again.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Page.

Yes, the server is now up and I can access (read) the pages.
However, I continue to have "This document has no data" errors whenever I
preview any page after changes where the page has more than, literally, a few
lines. Even changing 2+2 to 2+3 on Sandbox MainPage takes a while (half a minute
at least).

So I think your previous diagnosis that the problem has to do with the length of
a page. Whether the bottleneck is on the server end or client end is not clear.
What is the priority on read vs write? any statistics on read vs write?

Martin, what type of response you have? Do you have to set the browser in any
special way?

William