[Axiom-developer] [#42 Escaping $ is tedious...]

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#42 Escaping $ is tedious...]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:43:21 -0600

This is due to some fundamental limitations of STX.  It has no escape
mechanism *at* *all*.  I am working on fixing these limitations by
"rewriting stx":http://mcelrath.org:9675/newstx .

There is another request to add a true escape to STX:

    http://zwiki.org/877StructuredTextIgnoreFlagsNeeded

...that I am still considering adding to STX.

Future pagetypes that are true-latex and pamphlet will of course have
the latex escape mechanism using backslashes.

--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden