Re: [Axiom-developer] MacOS X development

From: Eugene Surowitz
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] MacOS X development
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:28:33 -0500

A possibility ( at least for me ) is to try running Axiom in a virtual PC on a MAC. This might work if you can get the VirtualPC product which provides an environment to create and run virtual PCs on MacOS X. It's a Microsoft product ever since
they bought Connectrix(?) which created it.

Currently I have a G4 Powerbook running VirtualPC with these virtual PCs:

MS Windows XP Pro
Mandrake 8.0
Redhat 9. (the Redhat has problems dealing with the 17" screen)

I plan to get around to trying to get Axiom onto virtual XP soon but schedule.

Cheers, Eugene Surowitz

Pierre Doucy wrote:

Hi all,

I have had the occasion to try Axiom, and liked it a lot, making it a
viable replacement for mathematica as for as I'm concerned. The only
thing is that I have a Mac (and no PC) so I can't use it by now.
Having some programming skills, and probably some time to give in the
new couple of months, I'd like to contribute to the project, and
especially the MacOS X port.
I have seen the MACOSX branch, but there doesn't seem to be any work
done on it. Are there any people already working on this, having
identified the main problems, or am I on my own ?
More clearly : how can I be useful ?

Pierre