Re: [Axiom-developer] MacOS X development

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] MacOS X development
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:30:08 -0500

Pierre,

> I have had the occasion to try Axiom, and liked it a lot, making it a
> viable replacement for mathematica as for as I'm concerned. The only
> thing is that I have a Mac (and no PC) so I can't use it by now.
> Having some programming skills, and probably some time to give in the
> new couple of months, I'd like to contribute to the project, and
> especially the MacOS X port.
> I have seen the MACOSX branch, but there doesn't seem to be any work
> done on it. Are there any people already working on this, having
> identified the main problems, or am I on my own ?
> More clearly : how can I be useful ?
>
> Pierre

I suggest you contact Chuck Miller who is trying to port Axiom to
the MAC. His userid is address@hidden

I, unfortunately, have little experience with code development
on a MAC whereas Chuck does.

If you follow the instructions at the bottom of the page
http://arch.axiom-developer.org
on getting read/write access you can send me your key
and I'll set you up so you can make changes.