Re: [Axiom-developer] simplified makefile fails

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] simplified makefile fails
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:39:21 -0500

Bill,

I'm rebuilding the system from scratch with a clean copy.
I was working in a shell and creating a lot of random shell
variables. It is possible I stepped on something that Make
uses internally that has some special meaning. I'll let you
know if it finishes.

Actually, though, that might not be a sufficient test. The
system did build all the way thru the first time. I was working
in the newly built system, making changes to the algebra for
Martin's bug fixes, and typing 'make' to update the system
without rebuilding. That's the first time this has happened.
All of the "build from scratch" builds have always worked.