RE: [Axiom-developer] simplified makefile fails

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] simplified makefile fails
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:21:54 -0500

Tim,

On Thursday, January 20, 2005 11:39 PM you wrote:

> I'm rebuilding the system from scratch with a clean copy.
> I was working in a shell and creating a lot of random shell
> variables. It is possible I stepped on something that Make
> uses internally that has some special meaning. I'll let you
> know if it finishes.

Ok. But as far as I tell, the problem did not occur in Make.
Your log output shows that it was already in interpsys building
the databases when the error occurred.

> Actually, though, that might not be a sufficient test. The
> system did build all the way thru the first time. I was working
> in the newly built system, making changes to the algebra for
> Martin's bug fixes, and typing 'make' to update the system
> without rebuilding. That's the first time this has happened.
> All of the "build from scratch" builds have always worked.

I have had no problem making changes and repeating 'make' on
Windows. In fact, that is what the fixedPoint build does
several times in a row.