[Axiom-developer] [#93 Confusing amount of information on Axiom (beginne

From: anonymous
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#93 Confusing amount of information on Axiom (beginner's issue)] (new)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 03:37:22 -0600

Hi,

As a user new to axiom I find the many different pages on the net dealing with
axiom difficult: It takes a lot of surfing to learn which page is relevant.
Right now I saw

* http://page.axiom-developer.org/ (with quite unhelpful descriptions)
* http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone (seems mostly empty?)
* http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/FrontPage (this seems to be
the best for getting started)

None of these pages is easily found by google (try "axiom cas"), they all seem
somewhat related, but even after a few days it's not clear to me how they
differ and what they really are about.

There should be *one* page containing the relevant introductory material
(motivation, description, screenshots, tutorial, download) from a user's
perspective (try "maxima cas" in google).  This also helps developers since
attracting users is always good in an open source project.

A short term fix would be to put links to
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/FrontPage on the very top of
every page and mark them as "for beginners".
--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden