[Axiom-developer] [#93 Confusing amount of information on Axiom (beginne

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#93 Confusing amount of information on Axiom (beginner's issue)] [#93 Confusing amount of information on Axiom (beginner's issue)] (new)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 05:36:35 -0600

anonymous writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > As a user new to axiom

Welcome!

 > I find the many different pages on the net dealing with axiom difficult: It
 > takes a lot of surfing to learn which page is relevant.  Right now I saw
 >
 > * http://page.axiom-developer.org/ (with quite unhelpful descriptions)
 > * http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone (seems mostly empty?)
 > * http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/FrontPage (this seems to
 > be the best for getting started)
 >
 > None of these pages is easily found by google (try "axiom cas"), they all
 > seem somewhat related, but even after a few days it's not clear to me how
 > they differ and what they really are about.

This is quite strange. MathAction is the seventh hit on google for just
"axiom", and "axiom computer algebra system" finds axiom on savannah as first
hit.

 > There should be *one* page containing the relevant introductory material
 > (motivation, description, screenshots, tutorial, download) from a user's
 > perspective (try "maxima cas" in google).  This also helps developers since
 > attracting users is always good in an open source project.

I agree, and I am promoting MathAction for this purpose. However, especially
Bill Page thinks that Plone would be better suited in the long run. Time will
tell.

Martin

PS: when using MathAction, PLEASE identify yourself. THis has to be done only
once, the rest is cookiemagic.

--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden