Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom for Darwin? (BSD in Mac OS)

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom for Darwin? (BSD in Mac OS)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:44:41 -0500

Martin Snelgrove,

Actually you want to try telling it the truth :-)

The top level level Makefile looks at the last portion of the AXIOM
shell variable to try to set up for the target system. You told it
you were using 'linux' but should say 'MACOSX'.
In your case you might want to try:

export AXIOM=`pwd`/mnt/MACOSX
export PATH=$AXIOM/bin:$PATH
make

Likely this will still fail but much further along.
There are two people on this list, Chuck Miller and Pierre Doucy,
who are also interested in the MAC OSX port.

The SIGCLD issue has to do with the C defined variable called
PLF (in the top level Makefile.pamphlet) which has the value
PLF=MACOSXplatform
for a MAC OSX build. MAC OSX is a BSD system and certain
incompatibilities arise.

Please try this, save the console output, and let me (and the
rest of the list) know how it fails. I don't have a MAC so I'm
working blind.

As to the configure script issue I'll add the "Darwin" string
to try to give hints about the AXIOM variable setting.

The configure script really doesn't do anything because there
is no obvious way to set a shell variable from a shell script
and have the change be permanent. So it just gives you advice.