[Axiom-developer] Re: trying to add a new output format

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: trying to add a new output format
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:22:12 -0400

> But I have a lot of questions (naturally). First, when I edit some
> .boot.pamphlet file(s) in src/interp and say
> make
> this file is compiled, but AXIOMsys is not re-generated. Is this
> due to the .PRECIOUS line in the Makefile? How do I re-generate
> AXIOMsys after editing a file in src/interp? Simply deleting
> AXIOMsys does not help.

Actually the files in the src/interp directory go into building
obj/bin/interpsys, not AXIOMsys. AXIOMsys is created as a final
copy operation and is not a precondition on any make stanzas
(although I guess it should be. I'll make a note about it).

> steps you took...
> ....[snip].....
> Have I missed anything?

Hard to say, really. So much depends on so much.

In your console log it is not clear what failed. Part of the startup
process is to initialize the various )set commands from setvart.boot
If one of these is wrong the process could blow up.

At best I can suggest that you do a diff -r --brief between the
original axiom--main--1--patch-45 sources and your sources so I
can see what actually changed. That way I can try to reproduce it
here.

re: typos.

I'll apply the changes you sent.