RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom common lisp

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom common lisp
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:19:58 -0500

On November 18, 2005 8:47 AM C Y wrote:

> --- root Tim Daly wrote:
> > now, can we move back to discussing math?
>
> Sounds good to me - back to the math.

Yes I agree, back to the math! :-)

Is anyone interested in discussing the implementation of exact
computable reals in Axiom?

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/RealNumbers

http://www.rbjones.com/rbjpub/cs/cs006.htm

http://keithbriggs.info/xrc.html

There has been quite a lot of work on this but as far as I know
it has not yet made it's way into any commercial computer algebra
systems like Maple, Mathematica, or MuPad. On the other hand
these ideas fit very well with Axiom's approach and would provide
Axiom with an immediate advantage over these other systems.