[Axiom-developer] Re: article "standard" header/footer

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: article "standard" header/footer
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:49:41 +0100

Hi Tim,

root wrote:
Maybe you don't like it, but I use a slightly different approach in ALLPROSE. What comes out as defn and use in your case comes out in red and blue color in the index in ALLPROSE. And you would simply say: \defineterm{foo} and \useterm{foo}. Read the description of rhxterm.sty.nw on http://www.hemmecke.de/aldor. It even hyperlinks the foo in \useterm to the foo in \defineterm, not just putting something into the index.

ummm, i'm partially colorblind to red and green :-)

Haven't you seen? The colors are an additional option. Standard in ALLPROSE is black/white. If you like to have your favourate colors, put them into a Makefile rule in "Makefile.def.nw" and be happy.
http://www.hemmecke.de/aldor/allprose/#dt:colored
Chunk from "Makefile.def.nw".
%CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
<<local customization of documentation styles>>=
colored:
        @echo '\usepackage{color}' >> local.sty
        @echo '\def\cbx{\colorbox[rgb]}' >> local.sty
        @echo '\def\tcx{\textcolor[rgb]}' >> local.sty
        @echo '\def\defineTermStyle{\textcolor{red}}'>> local.sty
        @echo '\def\useTermStyle{\textcolor{blue}}'>> local.sty
@ %def colored
%$
%TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

the \defineterm and \useterm are perfect examples of axiom.sty commands.
they should be used everywhere. being lazy i didn't write a \newcommand
to do this but just do it inline. but it's a good idea.

rhxterm.sty is actually not part of ALLPROSE, because it is more general and I also use it for other purposes. You could just use it for axiom. It is a noweb file anyway. But please don't put it into a bigger .sty file. I maintain rhxterm.sty, but I don't like to do work twice because the Axiom branch is out of sync.

Ralf