[Axiom-developer] [WishList]

From: billpage
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [WishList]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 05:53:04 -0600

Changes http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/WishList/diff
--

??changed:
-- Indefinite Types
-
-  Plenty of discussion on axiom-developer, but no concensus yet, I'm
-  afraid. Here are some of the related threads:
-  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2004-06/msg00191.html
-  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2004-06/msg00212.html
- [Indefinite Types]

  The idea that one should be able to "declare the type" of a
  variable in Axiom is a frequent expectation of new users of Axiom.
  For example, if we know that 'x' and 'y' are Integers than surely
  the symbolic expression 'x+y' must represent an Integer? But this
  is not (quite) what is meant by type in Axiom.

  For more discussion of this issue see the page [Indefinite Types]

--
forwarded from http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/address@hidden