[Axiom-developer] Units and dimensions - more background to do, but now

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Units and dimensions - more background to do, but now with a guide
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:33:19 -0800 (PST)

Heh - just when you think you've gotten most of the useful references
for your job, you find something new.  There is an extremely useful
paper that was published last year by a group at Sun Microsystems that
seems to have followed many of the same threads I've been looking at,
and has not only interesting content but a VERY useful reference
section :-).  There's even a mention of the problem with economic
conversions in the reference review :-).

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1028976.1029008#

Just so I remember, here's the bibtex entry:

@inproceedings{1029008,
 author = {Eric Allen and David Chase and Victor Luchangco and
Jan-Willem Maessen and Guy L. Steele, Jr.},
 title = {Object-oriented units of measurement},
 booktitle = {OOPSLA '04: Proceedings of the 19th annual ACM SIGPLAN
conference on Object-oriented programming, systems, languages, and
applications},
 year = {2004},
 isbn = {1-58113-831-9},
 pages = {384--403},