Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Lisp Packages and Axiom

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Lisp Packages and Axiom
Date: 07 Dec 2005 22:34:07 +0100

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

> My current philosophy is that the best way to organize Axiom's
> algebra is to let it organize itself.

Yes!

> To do this we have to think about the best ways to "navigate" quickly and
> easily through such a large complex structures as the Axiom algebra
> library.

HyperDoc does this very well. Unfortunately, HyperDoc <> MathAction <>
ALLPROSE. But it should be.

* the pages should be generated by ALLPROSE
* the rendering should be done by a webbrowser
* the result should incorporate the features of HyperDoc

> Maybe some kind of graphical visualization tools might help (such the
> TouchGraph interface on the Axiom Portal), but I think that just like in the
> case of the web, such graphics, while they are pretty and grab our attention,
> in the end they are not all that helpful.

Exactly.

Martin (very happy that we share the same thoughts)