[Axiom-developer] Re: navigating Axiom's library

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: navigating Axiom's library
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:23:09 +0100

That is true for dvi/ps/pdf. HTML and friends should be hyperlinked
anyway. Whether ALL documentation is in one big HTML file or whether there
are several smaller pages is a minor detail for html.

Well, I believe that it does make a difference for the HyperDoc replacement:
When you "browse" an operation or a constructor, you only want to see the
documentation to this particular entry, not more. It wouldn't be quite the
right thing to simply jump to the first line of the description of the
operation.

OK, what I meant was, that it is up to giving the right parameters to tex4ht to produce that. I still have some things to do here for ALLPROSE, but be sure, that I also want one page per type/function. Or better. People should just be able to produce what the like to have.
So in this sense I considered it a "minor" detail.

Ralf