Re: [Axiom-developer] hyperlinked algebra

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] hyperlinked algebra
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 18:38:50 +0100

Have you ever tried

ar x libaxiom.al
aldor -fasy algcat.ao

You'll get a file algcat.asy which looks rather lispish to me. I wonder if some of you (LISP programmers) could do a nice output from that. In there is the whole source of the program as a syntax tree (and if there were any ++ comments, they should also be there).

To write a browser on these asy files would be great. I would actually already be happy if I could get the categorial part in some nice way (I mean as something like

with {
  a: Foo -> Bar;
  foo: ...
}

together with the ++ comments and aldordoc that could lead to a hyperlinked webpage (or .dvi or .pdf).

Is there any hope to get this done quickly?

Ralf

root wrote:
actually the latest "grand scheme" is related to Bill's question about
parents/children. we could certainly hack up a routine in lisp or
aldor that, given a domain, could spit out the parent/siblings/children and then dynamically create the file containing the graph. thus a user could point at a domain and ask for the graph.

oh, and the dynamic scheme can do much more than the static scheme
since the family graph of POLY(FRAC(INT))
is wildly different from
   POLY(COMPLEX(FLOAT))