RE: [Axiom-developer] hyperlinked algebra

From: C Y
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] hyperlinked algebra
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 13:06:28 -0800 (PST)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> We already have GraphViz on MathAction
>
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/GraphViz
>
> and there is an extension for LaTeX that processes GraphViz
> commands. There are apparently several ways to add hyperref-
> like links to these graphics in LaTeX but I have not had time
> yet to try any of these.

Incredible how much LaTeX functionality is out there if one digs.  I
can't believe how much my initial search missed.  I'm assuming
graphviz.tex and some combination of hyperref and the "URL" attribute
are the target technology?

One drawback here is that, AFAIK, dvi isn't a support output format so
hyperlinked dvis might be out.  Of course, given how much I've already
missed... arrgh.

> I have just been waiting for the little extra time I would
> need to key in the GraphViz specification for the graphs in
> the endpaper.pamphlet file to see what kind of layout it will
> produce automatically.

Drool...

> GraphViz is very simple to use for simple graphs and has more
> sophisticated options for more sophisticated graphs.
> For graphs that are displayed in an HTML page, GraphViz has
> the ability to automatically create image maps that make the
> graph clickable with hyperlinks in both nodes and edges.

Sweet.  Can it work within size constraints?

Cheers,
Cliff