RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom guidance

From: michel . lavaud
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom guidance
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:29:06 +0100

On 18 Dec 2005 at 2:10, Bill Page wrote:

> My opinion is that it is highest priority to improve the
> scientific contents even if the quality of the English is not
> perfect. You will notice that even though English is my first
> language, I still manage occasionally to introduce bad syntax
> and incorrect words. :) Please do not let that stop you from
> making improvements to the content. If there is some concern
> then someone else can make improvements to your English.

OK, thanks a lot for the encouragements, I tried my bad English :-)

> > BTW, is it possible easily with Plone to have bi(multi-)lingual
> > pages, for example so that one could switch from English to French
> > by clicking on a flag or button in the current page ?
>
> Yes. The axiom-developer.org sever has two different websites
> that support Axiom: one is called the Axiom Wiki and it is based
> only on Zope and ZWiki (with extensions for LaTeX and Axiom).
> The Axiom Wiki has only limited support for translations of some
> of the fixed text such as menus and headings.

I created SandBoxLaTeX and tried to put some accented letters in it,

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxLaTeX#bottom

could you tell me if they are correctly displayed on English configuration?

> The other website is called the Axiom Portal and it is based on
> Plone and Zwiki (with the same extensions).
>
> http://portal.axiom-developer.org
>
> Right now the I18N product for Plone have not yet been installed. But
> if you or anyone else would like to experiment with multi- lingual
> documents on the Axiom Portal, I would be glad to install the I18N
> package. I would also be happy to try to contribute to such documents.

Great. Yes, I would be very happy to experiment it, if you were so kind to
install it

Best wishes,

address@hidden
http://www.univ-orleans.fr/EXT/ASTEX
ftp://ftp.univ-orleans.fr/pub/tex/PC/AsTeX
liste de discussion: address@hidden
Abonnement à la liste: envoyer un message de contenu
"sub astex Nom Prenom Etablissement" à address@hidden