[Axiom-developer] [#271 )show Expression Boolean gives a list] cannot re

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#271 )show Expression Boolean gives a list] cannot reproduce axiom process died
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:37:19 -0600

Changes http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/271ShowExpressionBooleanGivesAList/diff
--
I can not reproduce your observation that:

> the axiom process died the command-line after.

This does not happen for me on at least the Windows version of
Axiom.

But I do find it very odd that Axiom allows the construction of
the domain 'Expression Boolean' without complaint:
\begin{axiom}
x:=Expression Boolean:=true
\end{axiom}

The scary sounding message: 'Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]'
occurs for many operations applied to this object.

The definition of the constructor 'Expression R: OrderedSet' seems
wrong to me since there are may operations exported by 'Expression'
that are not naturally interpreted over a domain that is just an
OrderedSet. For example 'Boolean' is considered ordered as follows:
\begin{axiom}
Boolean has OrderedSet
true > false
\end{axiom}

although we might also question the wisdom of considering 'Boolean'
ordered in this way.
--
forwarded from http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/address@hidden