Re: [Axiom-developer] patches

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] patches
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:42:21 +0200

On 03/28/2006 01:15 PM, Martin Rubey wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:
Why don't you use tla?

Make a new branch from axiom--main--1, hack at the new branch and if it is
finished, tell Tim that there is something new available ready for merge. Tim
then could investigate that branch, test and check documentation, and if he
finds that it is all fine just do a star-merge to axiom--main--1. Would that be
bad?

Not too bad, but if the patches are available on IssueTracker, I have the
information immediately at hand. I find it easier to look up proposed patches
on IssueTracker than via the ChangeLog of tla.

Can you point me to a **patch** on IssueTracker? Would they look like "diff" output.

I must say, last week I played a bit with xtla
http://wiki.gnuarch.org/xtla
in xemacs (I use the proposed debian package). It seems that xtla cannot do everything, but the feature to type ? in a buffer and get the available commands is very helpful. And I rather like to look at file differences using ediff in emacs.

I have nothing against keeping track of patches on IssueTracker. If you figure out how this could be done automatically.

Ralf