Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: GNU Arch - was patches

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: GNU Arch - was patches
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:10:12 -0500

> I am also saying that Arch is useless on Windows.
>
> Believe me, if you don't like tla on Unix platforms, you would abhor it
> under Windows.  The only way I was able to undo the mess it made of my
> file system under Cygwin (exacerbated I admit by a network domain change
> which stuffed up) was to spend hours changing file permissions and
> renaming directories to Windows acceptable file name lengths on two
> different computers.
>
> Furthermore I was never able to get ssh commits working with Arch.
>
> It will take a very good reason for me ever to use Arch again.

You have a problem with an open source tool.
You have the source.
You have the skill.
Fix the code and send the patches to arch.
It is, after all, exactly what you suggested I do with LTK and GCL.

In the alternate you can use CVS to access sourceforge or savannah
which are up to date sources for Axiom. Thus you really don't need
Arch.