Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: GNU Arch - was patches

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: GNU Arch - was patches
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:38:53 -0500

> > The only "subprojects" in the axiom project are specific
> > branches that have been created to separate various
> > developers who planned to work on separate threads. These do
> > not impact the main branch in any way until the work is
> > complete and I merge the two branches. For example, Bill Page
> > has a windows branch.
>
> Am I right in believing that changes in the main "golden sources are
> _not_ being fed into those subprojects?
>
> That is the bitrot to which I refer.

That depends entirely on the people listed for the subprojects.
Their local copy may be up to date and not reflected on the host.
For instance, I'm not sure what policy Bill Page uses to maintain
the windows branch.

The lack of upkeep on the server copy of a branch seems to be
completely independent of the issue of which maintenance system
to use. I doubt that people who don't update their server copy
would be motivated to do it under any other scheme. After all,
a commit in Arch is only one command.