[Axiom-developer] Re: typo in src/boot/Makefile.pamphlet

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: typo in src/boot/Makefile.pamphlet
Date: 05 Apr 2006 04:26:14 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

| patch applied.
| fixed in the next release.

Thanks!

Is there a way to have the revision number (version number?) at which
the trunk is on a daily basis?  I find that to be a very useful
functionality for tracking the various branches and revisions (and
checking user/developer error).

For example, in GCC we have cron job that updates the version string
daily -- and that version string is built into the compiler, reported
by 'gcc -v'.

My current copy of Axiom trunk reports today it is at "patch-47",
which is exactly what it reported about a week ago -- "yes, I did a
'tla update'".