Re: [Axiom-developer] Patch : Remove warning message when comipiling wit

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Patch : Remove warning message when comipiling with aldor
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 11:05:17 +0200

Thank you Antoine,

Since -Mno-AXL_W_WillObsolete is just related to message output and does not change the behaviour of the compiler (hopefully -- you know, we cannot look inside the Aldor compiler), the patch should be OK.

But I have the suspicion that -Mno-AXL_W_WillObsolete and -Mno-ALDOR_W_WillObsolete are currently (Aldor 1.0.2) identical in behaviour except that the first one issues a warning that "AXL_" is an old prefix for that flag.

So the only thing that changes is that
> #1 (Warning) Deprecated message prefix: use `ALDOR_' instead of `_AXL'
will no longer show. So I welcome the patch.

% grep -l -R "AXL_W_WillObsolete" *
doc/book.pamphlet
doc/bookvol1.pamphlet
hyper/pages/ug16.ht
interp/setvars.boot.pamphlet
interp/setvart.boot.pamphlet

The file ug16.ht is missing in your patch, however the file says

% !! DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BY HAND !! Created by ht.awk.

but I have no idea from what ht.awk created that. It's somehow a poor comment in my eyes. But at least better than nothing.

I have not recompiled Axiom for that but I believe without that that this patch does the right thing. (At least it does not hurt.)

Ralf