Re: User interface, TeXmacs and Axiom (was: Re: [Axiom-developer] backup

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: User interface, TeXmacs and Axiom (was: Re: [Axiom-developer] backups)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:30:30 -0700

Page, Bill address@hidden wrote:
> On Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:42 AM Bob McElrath wrote:
> > I wish I had enough time to further develop the mozilla/axiom
> > interface I started.  I really think that's the way to go.
>
> At one point Bob, you also had a nice demo of Axiom inside
> a TiddlyWiki. I thought that was a really nice idea for
> personal use.

I like it too but the FIFO I was using is really good at hanging
mozilla/firefox.

I'm one of those annoying people with more ideas than time...

> > What happened to Kai's branch?  Can I still try it?
> >

> 'tla abrowse' shows that
>
>     axiom--GUI
>       axiom--GUI--1
>         base-0 .. patch-3
>
> still exists so you can extract it from the archive and
> try it. Last time I tried (about 6 months ago) to build
> this it failed. Kai is still here on this list so perhaps
> he can help if you get into trouble. I think it would be
> great to move this work forward.
>
> You can also browse the source online here:
>
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/axiom--GUI--1/FrontPage

Is development continuing on this?

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It is almost universally felt that when we call a country
    democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every
    kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they
    might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one
    meaning." -- George Orwell