Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom bibliography

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom bibliography
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:43:00 -0700 (PDT)

--- David MENTRE <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Tim,
>
> root <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'm a big fan of annotated bibliographies. We could create a bib
> volume
> > that would generate the bibtex file as well as a document that
> contains
> > the annotations.
>
> Wouldn't it be simpler to write a latex/pamphlet file with needed
> \cite{} and comments? Something like:
>

> \cite{paper1} : good paper on algorithm foo, related to
> \cite{paperx}.
>
> \cite{paper2} : PhD giving ...

Perfect.  That way we can use all the available goodies for the bibtex
part, the annotated paper would update itself automatically to conform
to the bibtex file, and we can annotate however we need to.  Beautiful.

> As an added bonus, such a pamphlet file could be used on the Axiom
> web site through Bill's machinery.

With hyperref, the pdf should even be clickable.  Nice, nice solution.
I was too focused on trying to shoehorn the annotations into the bibtex
file itself.

Cheers,
CY