RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom bibliography

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom bibliography
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:46:57 -0400

> ... But furthermore the page displayed at:
>     http://portal.axiom-developer.org/refs/axiombib/Duval1992EPS
> is almost useless because it does not provide any link to any on-line
> database which would let me download the paper.  It has only a cryptic
> journal citation.  I think one would have to be an expert in the field
> to decode j-IFIP-TRANS-A <#j-IFIP-TRANS-A> A-2:133\u2013141, 143.

As you know the contents of a bibtex entry is up to whoever wrote
the entry. In this case Nelson Beebe has a particular "standard
abbreviation" for referring to journal articles. To decode this
you would need to refer to his web site:

http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/bib/axiom.html
http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/bibliographies.html
http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe

All of this stuff pre-dates the current concern for more appropriate
and general standards on the web.

In the case of the bibliography product on Plone, whether a link
is provided depends on whether a URL is present in the bibtex
entry. For an example of an entry containing a link see:

http://portal.axiom-developer.org/refs/axiombib/webpublishedreference.20
05-01-18.1190226284

(I am sure there are some others in /Plone/refs/axiombib.

> For the \cite{} I would rather have one huge bibliography, with
> every paper on the planet...

Google? ;)