Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Literate programming

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Literate programming
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:10:15 +0200

But that's very similar to my request! Namely, integrate MathAction and
HyperDoc into AllProse. I believe that having only one very powerful yet simple
file format (i.e., LaTeX and noweb) would make it a lot simpler to write
documentation.

\begin{axiom}[version]
\end{axiom}

that allows you to specify the patch number that you want to use. It seems
however that it's not straightforward to implement this in the current
framework.

Currently, I have not yet integrated Axiom or Aldor in the process of producing the .dvi file. It basically would mean "make dvi" depends on "make" and perhaps "make check" AND some possibility to extract the commands inside \begin{axiom}...\end{axiom} into a file ax.input, load run "cat ax.input | AXIOMsys > ax.output" and integrate that output into the .tex file. (Oh, one should not forget to load the library that was created via "make".)

But that means you cannot produce a .dvi file without having Axiom/Aldor installed. I somehow don't really like that dependency in the general case.

The next question is whether all axiom environments have to be joined. But I guess so.

Martin, I am not just a tool programmer. ;-)

Ralf