Re: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:28:17 -0700

Page, Bill address@hidden wrote:
> The reason this is being rejected is also do to another anti-spam
> change to the Axiom Wiki system. A few weeks ago based on Bob
> McElrath's suggestion a configured a feature of ZWiki that we had
> not been previously using that provides for direct content filtering
> of posted text. The idea is that it is possible to maintain a list
> of words and links which are extremely unlikely to be part of any
> valid post to the web site. I did this in response to about two or
> three nasty spam emails that were getting through each day. But
> these guys are devious and it turns out this requires rather
> constant attention to make it keep working to filter out the bad
> stuff. This is all based on simple regular expression pattern
> matching. Nothing fancy.

Do you mean the banned_links stuff?  That shouldn't care whether you use

I think it just applies the regex to the incoming text before it gets
handed to structured text.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    Only after you've tried to figure something out for yourself and
    failed are you ready to absorb "the answer."