RE: [Axiom-developer] Problem building SIlver Axiom on Gentoo Linux

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Problem building SIlver Axiom on Gentoo Linux
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:38:51 -0400

On July 31, 2006 3:22 PM Gaby wrote:

> Bill Page writes:
>
> [...]
>
> | > For every new session, the system repeatedly asks me to set
> | > preference before editing.  Is there a way I can do that once
> | > for all and be done with it?
> | >

> | Your preferences are saved as cookies. If your browser allows
> | it, they will be retained from one session to the next. If saving
> | cookies is disabled, then you will have to re-enter preferences
> | each time.
>
> I'm "forced" to enable my browser to save cookies, otherwise I would
> not have been able to do those many everyday-life-thing on the web.
>
> For instance, my bugzilla account at GCC has all the stuff saved
> for once.

Yes. So you say that for some reason this is not working for you on
Axiom Wiki? What browser are you using? The cookie thing works for
me on FireFox (both linux and windows) and using Explorer on Windows.

Note: There is an intermediate option on most browsers that allows
"session only" cookies which means the cookie values will be retained
only while your browser is open, but not actually retained on disk.
Only use this if you need to acess a site that requires cookies but
don't want the cookies actually stored on your hard disk.