Re: [Axiom-developer] rule for making NRLIBs

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] rule for making NRLIBs
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 00:17:38 +0200

Le samedi 07 octobre 2006 à 20:46 +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis a écrit :
> Vanuxem Grégory <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> | I think it's the same bug than the bug #302 . See the thread
> | "Cannot Rename The File Erlib To NRLIB"  in Axiom-developer mail
> | Archives.
>
> I don't know whether they are the same bug -- they might have similar
> symptoms though.

Yes

> Definitely I believe the Makefile should clean up the directory.

It's possible, this is why I did not discuss this point. There is a
problem when a file in src/algebra/ is modified (see another mail), the
object file is not copied in mnt/$SYS/algebra.

> There are various places in the Makefiles with questionable rules,
> whereby when the build is stopped (for whatever reason) and after
> afterwards resumed it changes the environment in ways that would not
> happen "normally".

I encountered this issue.

> I don't believe the checked patch fixes bug #302 because I don't think
> they are the same bug.

It's possible too, I don't know, I only test the build process of this
branch every 10-30 days. I wanted to say "it could be the same bug" and
not "I think it is", sorry. I don't know exactly what you mean with
"checked patch", if it is the patch on the IssueTracker, it's not the
way to go, even Bill was not happy with this patch (I will not discuss
here this patch but 'directory' and 'truename' are from my point of view
completely buggy in gcl 2.6).

Greg