Re: [Axiom-developer] Broken hypertex

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Broken hypertex
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 02:18:24 +0200

Le samedi 14 octobre 2006 à 00:32 +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis a écrit :
> Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> | > Is that reproducible with silver?
> | >

> | Probably no: when I tried build-improvements with gcl-2.6.7 the problem
> | went away.
>
> Interesting.
>
> We have a case to investigate.  I seem to remember, but I'm not sure,
> that the socket interface may have changed from 2.6.7 to 2.6.8pre.

First, do you have installed (make install) Axiom ? If no (or may be
yes, I have never tested), there are two files named util.ht in the
sources, Tim is working on them, try the twos (try the other one i.e.
copy it to /mnt/something*, the diff and find programs will help you).
Personally I don't remember which I use but not the "regular one" since
I do not install Axiom. If this mail is unrelated to your issue after
these tests or if you do not understand it, forget this mail and sorry
for the inconvenience.

So with my version of Gold (the last)
"

BOOT>si::*gcl-extra-version*

8

~> it's gcl-2.6.8

The output of « "NAG link" and then on "Browser pages for individual
routines" » is

There is no constructor matching pattern  "Nag*"

I have this output with Axiom Version: Axiom 3.0 Beta (February 2005)
too. It comes from a "Debian stable" package (with a little modification
(see the end of http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomBinaries)). Camm
can you look at this issue (forget the wiki bug), I did not report this
as a bug on the BTS, it seems to me that I'm alone. I can report it if
you can reproduce it.

Greg

PS : I'm really tired it's 2:18 in France, if this is not understandable
ask me I will try to elaborate tomorrow.