Re: [Axiom-developer] Broken hypertex

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Broken hypertex
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 03:09:41 +0200 (CEST)

> Le samedi 14 octobre 2006 ? 00:32 +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis a écrit :
> > Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> > broken:

> > | Probably no: when I tried build-improvements with gcl-2.6.7 the problem
> > | went away.
> >
> > Interesting.
> >
> > We have a case to investigate.  I seem to remember, but I'm not sure,
> > that the socket interface may have changed from 2.6.7 to 2.6.8pre.
>
> First, do you have installed (make install) Axiom ? If no (or may be
> yes, I have never tested), there are two files named util.ht in the
> sources, Tim is working on them, try the twos (try the other one i.e.
> copy it to /mnt/something*, the diff and find programs will help you).
> Personally I don't remember which I use but not the "regular one" since
> I do not install Axiom. If this mail is unrelated to your issue after
> these tests or if you do not understand it, forget this mail and sorry
> for the inconvenience.
>
> So with my version of Gold (the last)
> "
>
> BOOT>si::*gcl-extra-version*
>
> 8
>
> ~> it's gcl-2.6.8
>
> The output of ? "NAG link" and then on "Browser pages for individual
> routines" ? is
>
> There is no constructor matching pattern  "Nag*"

This I consider as "normal" output.  For me the browser just freezes.
I should add that I chose this page because it is the shortest path
to freeze the browser -- I can freeze it an another pages (which
in earlier versions work fine).

Investigating further I have noticed that gcl-2.6.8pre2 in silver is
different then gcl-2.6.8pre in build improvements.  In particular
the function object_to_string in gcl-2.6.8pre2/o/cmpaux.c is like
gcl-2.6.7 while the version in gcl-2.6.8pre is different.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden