Re: [Axiom-developer] Broken hypertex

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Broken hypertex
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:06:37 -0400

> > > Since gcl-2.6.8pre2 seem to be latest gcl version Camm can probably
> > > just do nothing (just remember so that problem is not re-introduced
> > > later).
> >
> > No, GCL included in build-improvements is more recent than
> > gcl-2.6.8pre2. The code that you describe is in gcl-2.6.8pre just
> > checked out today and in gcl-2.7 (cvs HEAD).
> >

> Yes, the names fooled me.

The problem is that Axiom is running fairly close to the CVS HEAD
version of GCL but there is no way to distinguish exactly which
checkout will work on which platform and contains which errors.

This problem is highlighted on the Fedora 5 build which will not
run on gcl-2.6.8pre2 and requires a prior version. Since I was
unable to distinguish the two checkouts automatically there are
two snapshots in the zips directory.