Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and more-rules.mk

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and more-rules.mk
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:29:38 -0700 (PDT)

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> I agree that algebra bootstrap should be revisited.  But IMHO the
> main work to do is outside Makefiles: I think that algebra should
> build just from spad files using Spad compiler and almost empty
> databases.

Agree, but that's more than just the main work - it's a massive
undertaking.

One possibility might be to see of the axiom_cmu port (which greatly
simplifies things in general) builds in that form on GCL - that's
something I never tried.  A little preliminary poking suggests some
make file changes would be needed, at a minimum...

CY