Re: [Axiom-developer] GIT

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] GIT
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:48:51 -0500

I hope I'm not just cluttering up the mail list with more talk about
revision control systems, but svn had stopped working for me, and git
finally gave me a working silver branch of Axiom, and quickly, too.

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:
> But Mercurial is faster (and some say better) than git.

I'll have to give it a shot.  The web page claims that it will act
in a familiar manner to CVS users.  Also, I guess Sage did switch to
using Mercurial.

> See links at bottom of page
>
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomSources

I don't quite get how that works (perhaps because I haven't read up on
Mercurial yet).  What would be the command to check out the silver
repository?

Jay