Re: [Axiom-developer] GIT

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] GIT
Date: 25 Oct 2006 17:06:34 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| SVN won't work for me so i have stopped trying to use it.
| it should "just work" and it doesn't. Gaby likes it and it works
| well for him so he uses it. Bill wrestled heroically with it.

You did not look hard enough to see for whom else it is working.

I'm not in love with SVN; but from all the tools I've tried
(ClearCase, CVS, SVK, SVN, Arch, RCS,..) it (SVK/SVN) is the one that
lets me work.  As I said, Axiom is the first project where talented
people have hitted so many walls with SVN.

[...]

| some days it's hard to keep up but the real value of open source
| is the ability for everyone to "lead in your own direction".

However, watch out that the bazar model does not lead you into a bizarre
project.