RE: [Axiom-developer] GIT

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] GIT
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:43:47 -0400

On October 25, 2006 5:18 AM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

> >   tla get axiom--silver--1
> I hope it is not too hard for you to convince "tailor" to move
> the patches from Tim to SourceForge.

If everyone agrees (and especially, Tim Daly agrees) then I would
delete the current SourceForge SVN /trunk and replace it with a
copy of axiom--silver--1 that is automatically maintained in sync
by running Tailor every night, like we currently do between
SourceForge and Google and between the build-improvement branch
and it's experimental Mercurial and Darcs mirrors. (Actually
SourceForge->Google uses the SVN-specific 'svk smerge' command
but the result is the same as Tailor between different repositories.)

This would mean that when Tim commits changesets to axiom--silver--1,
SourceForge SVN /trunk would automatically receive the same changes.
It would be possible to check out from either axiom--silver--1 or
SourceForge SVN /trunk and get the same source code.