Re: [Axiom-developer] GIT

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] GIT
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:18:10 +0200

If everyone agrees (and especially, Tim Daly agrees) then I would
delete the current SourceForge SVN /trunk and replace it with a
copy of axiom--silver--1 that is automatically maintained in sync
by running Tailor every night, like we currently do between
SourceForge and Google and between the build-improvement branch
and it's experimental Mercurial and Darcs mirrors.

If they are all the same then this would at least remove all the issues about the different SCMs.

I would actually like that the revision numbers of the Sourceforge and google repositories are identical, but maybe that is not so important.

This would mean that when Tim commits changesets to axiom--silver--1,
SourceForge SVN /trunk would automatically receive the same changes.
It would be possible to check out from either axiom--silver--1 or
SourceForge SVN /trunk and get the same source code.

Nice, could you then also update AxiomSources so that it becomes clear what is updated from where and at exactly which time. "Night" ist probably "daylight" in my place.

Ralf