Re: [Axiom-developer] interpreter and with-expression

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] interpreter and with-expression
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:25:07 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Martin Rubey wrote:

| For example, I get
|
| (1) -> F: CoercibleTo OutputForm == add (Rep := Integer; coerce x ==
1::OutputForm)
|    Internal Error
|    Unexpected error in call to system function pf2Sex1

I know.  That error is precisely why I asked the question.

What is the difference between putting that definition in a file
and subsequently issueing )co -- which will compile everything and
make it available in the working space -- as opposed to allowing
the definition  at the interpreter level and process (almost) exactly
the same way?