RE: [Axiom-developer] Request for testing (Win32 users)

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Request for testing (Win32 users)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:31:57 -0500

Greg,

On February 11, 2007 4:53 PM you wrote:
> I wrote:
> > I get the following result on by Windows XP SP2 system while
> > running under Cygwin, using 'wget ...' and 'tar xjvf' to
> > extract the binary and setting the AXIOM variable:
> >
> > $ echo $AXIOM
> > /home/Administrator/axiom-sbcl-win
>
> This is a native Windows application so SBCL does not
> understand the path used (Cygwin specific).

Duh! I should have realized ... thanks.

You it works. Great job. I think this is a great step forward
for a fully ANSI-compliant common lisp implementation of Axiom.
I can't resist to ask: Have you tried building this version of
Axiom with GCL in ANSI mode?

PS. Could you explain the phrase: "Kitten of Death" :-)

Example output of axiom-sbcl-win on my Windows system:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASUS>set
AXIOM=C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\axiom-sbcl-win

C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator.ASUS>C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\axiom-sbcl-win/bin/
interpsys

This is SBCL 1.0, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.

This is experimental prerelease support for the Windows platform: use
at your own risk.  "Your Kitten of Death awaits!"
-
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.
-

(1) -> integrate(1/sqrt(1-x^2),x)
                 |   2
                \|- x  + 1  - 1