Re: [Axiom-developer] Request for testing (Win32 users)

From: Gregory Vanuxem
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Request for testing (Win32 users)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:58:03 +0100

Le lundi 12 février 2007 à 11:26 -0600, Gabriel Dos Reis a écrit :
> Gregory Vanuxem <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | Le dimanche 11 février 2007 à 19:31 -0500, Bill Page a écrit :
> | > Greg,

> | > Duh! I should have realized ... thanks.
> | >
> | > You it works. Great job. I think this is a great step forward
> | > for a fully ANSI-compliant common lisp implementation of Axiom.
> | > I can't resist to ask: Have you tried building this version of
> | > Axiom with GCL in ANSI mode?
> |
> | No, I dropped support of GCL because of spurious bugs: (cond ...)
> | handled strangely (a runtime problem apparently).
>
> Are those known to GCL developers?

The big problem is to find a simple way to reproduce it, I haven't one.
I have sent a bug report (for GCL-2.7) to Camm ("Disparition of a
condition ?") and it may be similar to the one in gcl-2.6.8pre so... The
big problem is that I'm alone with this bug, Bill and Waldek does not
have this bug. The bug is (on 2.6.8):

(1) -> )set br query
(1) -> 1/0

   >> Error detected within library code:
   division by zero

   You have two options. Enter:
     top        to return to top level, or
     break      to enter a LISP break loop.

   Please enter your choice now:

Normally we have three choices... (and the code looks correct, I don't
understand).

I dropped support of GCL, but that does not mean I don't want to support
GCL. The code on which I'm working is destined to be included on a
version that supports GCL.

Greg