Re: [Axiom-developer] Bug with paths in wh-sandbox

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Bug with paths in wh-sandbox
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 06:02:35 +0100 (CET)

> I made wh-sandbox available on my linux box for other members of the
> departement by setting the file permissions of
>
> ~/axiom
>
> (the install directory) appropriately. However, it seems that axiom wants the
> build directory to be availble. I received the following notice:

<snip>
> cc1: Fehler:
> /local/scratch/wh-sandbox/build/i686-pc-linux/lib/gcl-2.6.8/unixport/../h:
> Permission denied

Currently wh-sandbox (and I belive also build-improvements) does not install
gcl files (in this case cmpinclude.h) in target directory.  The simplest
solution is to use system installed gcl (and make sure that gcl _is_
installed on target machine).

Gaby is right that we have mess with paths, but even with correct paths
we still would have problem: we simply do not install the needed include
file.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden