[Axiom-developer] next release

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] next release
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:22:44 -0600

I've seen the changes on axiom-commit and some of them have been
merged with in the next release. For instance, I've removed all
of the C prototype code. However, there are changes that are
deeper (e.g. math) which do not have documentation or test cases,
such as changes to the series package. I'm not able to decide if
these changes are correct. I had a conversation with Clifton
Williamson about it but so far the details are still unresolved.
I'm still not clear if the original code, the previous patch, or
the current patch is correct.

I'm also having difficulty deciding what changes should be added
and what changes are part of a larger change (e.g. the asq rewrite).
Is it possible to isolate a closed set of changes that are diff -Naur
changes from Gold?

In general, publishing a changeset to a branch is not the same as
publishing a diff -Naur from Gold. I've been trying to sift thru
the changesets but it takes a great deal of time to decide what
to do in the absence of documentation.

Working without published diff -Naur from Gold I expect that
people will complain that their favorite change will not be
included. I'd prefer to get it right the first time.