[Axiom-developer] Re: Limits in Axiom

From: Ondrej Certik
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Limits in Axiom
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:49:36 +0000

Aha. Do you have lots of testcases like that one in SymPy?

I tested all the limits in Demidovich, you can find SymPy testcases here:

http://sympy.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tests/test_demidovich.py

(it should be easy to understand it, if not, just ask me)

And some more testcases (from Gruntz) are here:

http://sympy.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tests/test_limits.py

I think one week is just too over-optimistic. Any new implementation in
Axiom now requires to write in a literate programming style. So one
actually has to understand the thesis first and then put that together
with the program into a pamphlet (which is an article like form that
contains the program). Maybe we should ask Gruntz whether we are allowed
to include part of his thesis in an Axiom pamphlet then.

We chose a different approach for a development of SymPy:

http://www.extremeprogramming.org/

basically, if the tests run, the code si fine. Whenever we find the
code ugly, we just refactor it - we can do whatever we want as long as
all the tests run.

So we have tests for every functionality that we want SymPy to have.

Ondrej