[Axiom-developer] new problem compiling wh-sandbox

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] new problem compiling wh-sandbox
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 01:28:29 -0600

Martin,

In fact you've encountered the same problem I have been having
trying to merge gold, build-improvements, and wh-sandbox.
Along the way the algebra build stops working. I have yet to
find the exact source of the problem.

In frustration I've started from gold and built some tools
to give me more information. In particular I now have machinery
that does automatic regression testing of the algebra input files.
The next release of the gold version is going to come out in
smaller, more thoroughly tested pieces than I anticipated and
will initially contain fewer parts from build-improvements and
wh-sandbox than I wanted. I'm hoping to have gold-51 up this
weekend, including the new regression testing machinery.

The breakage is subtle. I'm trying to form small changesets,
apply each one, and then fully check the system. It is a slow,
tedious process and, unfortunately, won't have results in time
for your needs.