Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Request for wh-sandbox and build-improvements

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Request for wh-sandbox and build-improvements
Date: 12 Apr 2007 17:54:43 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> Martin Rubey <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | address@hidden writes:

> file,
> | >
> | > Install it where?
> | > I consider installing it in $prefix/bin an unwarranted  pollution.
> | > We can install it in $libdir and add an option "--document" to the
> | > axiom script, e.g. you could say
> | >
> | >    axiom --document=tangle foo.pamphlet
> |
> | that would be OK, although I'd prefer
> |
> |   axiom --document foo.pamphlet
> |
> | (I know I'd forget the tangle all the time.)
>

> How do you say, produce a clisp/dvi/pdf out of this?  How do you say,
> just compile the tangled code?

OK, personally, I only use "document", from within emacs (I made it a command
in AucTeX), so it produces the spad and the dvi.

Since I strongly believe that we should switch to ALLPROSE as soon as possible,
(which will replace "document" with "make") I won't insist on anything.

Thus, I think that

  axiom --document=tangle foo.pamphlet

is quite ok.

Martin